I offer what I believe to be an unusual combination of technical expertise, practical experience, and formal education.
My qualifications include:
- Over 35 years of combined experience as a business insurance underwriter, insurance and risk management consultant, licensed insurance agent-broker, attorney, and litigation consultant/expert witness
- Author of an over 300-page legal treatise, Levine on California Workers Compensation and Insurance: A Comprehensive Practical and Legal Guide to Premium Issues, Strategies, and Disputes published by the International Risk Management Institute of Dallas, Tx. (2003-2006) Book Excerpts
- Staff counsel representation of the Insurance Commissioner-appointed Public Members of the Governing Committee of the Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California (2003-current)
- Ph.D. from Claremont Graduate University (Claremont Colleges), with multiple academic papers and a doctoral dissertation in the insurance field
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (C.P.C.U.) insurance industry designation
- Associate in Risk Management (A.R.M.) insurance industry designation
- Former member, Society of Risk Management Consultants
- Member, Society of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters
- Member, Forensic Expert Witness Association
- Former Professor of Insurance Law and Regulation (Adjunct) at an American Bar Association-approved law school
- Hundreds of workers compensation insurance premium cases handled as an attorney, consultant, or expert witness, including many administrative appeals and litigated cases
These credentials facilitate efficiency, insight, and public policy arguments appreciated by litigating parties, regulators, neutrals, and triers of fact and law.
For further details please contact me and/or refer to my Curriculum Vitae.